37 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Howard Lake | 7 October 2010 | News About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. The Social Enterprise Investment Fund (SEIF) is offering capital grants of £50,000 to £450,000 to social enterprises delivering services in health or social care in England. To be eligible organisations must demonstrate that they have been unable to secure investment from a commercial bank.Grants are available to purchase “tangible resources such as buildings, vehicles or equipment [that] will help to grow and improve service delivery”. They can also be used to pay for land, IT equipment, renovations, and some fees relating to capital projects including solicitors, architects and surveyors.The funding must be spent before 31 March 2011.The closing date for application is 1 November 2010.The SEIF is managed on behalf of the Department of Health by the Social Investment Business, together with Local Partnerships.www.thesocialinvestmentbusiness.org/our-funds/social-enterprise-investment-fund/seifgrantsfunding/ Tagged with: England Funding Social Enterprise Investment Fund offers grants of £50,000 to £450,000 AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis
March 28, 2006 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Government urged to acknowledge defeat and let The Daily News resume publishing Receive email alerts News ZimbabweAfrica The 2020 pandemic has challenged press freedom in Africa ZimbabweAfrica Reporters Without Borders today called on the Zimbabwean authorities to recognise their inability to maintain a ban on The Daily News independent newspaper and its weekly supplement The Daily News on Sunday and to grant them a licence to resume publishing.“Zimbabwe’s system of repression is beginning to crumble,” the press freedom organisation said. “We have the details of an unambiguous Harare high court ruling that totally discredits the Media and Information Commission (MIC) and its biased policies. When forced against the wall, the government violated its own draconian press law. To end to an ordeal that has lasted too long, it should recognise its defeat in the battle with The Daily News’ owners and allow it to reappear.”Reporters Without Borders has obtained a copy of the 8 February ruling in which high court judge Rita Makarau said the commission’s decision to reject a licence application by Associated Newspapers of Zimbabwe (ANZ), the publisher of The Daily News, was “rendered void by the participation of the (commission’s) chairperson in its making after he had been found to be biased against the applicant.”Judge Makarau also ruled that “there is merit in the submission of the applicant” to the high court “that the commission as presently constituted is now disabled from validly considering the applicant’s application as their decision will be tainted by bias of the chairperson.”The MIC recognized after the ruling that it could no longer consider the ANZ’s licence application. But no other government authority issued a decision within the 30-day deadline that followed the high court ruling, which expired on 10 March. This means the government is now in breach of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (AIPPA) for the first time since its adoption in 2002.As a result, the ANZ today brought an action before the high court against information and publicity minister Tichaona Jokonya, to force the government to respond to its application.The drawn-out legal wrangle between the ANZ and the MIC has gone from court to court ever since The Daily News and its Sunday edition were first banned by the MIC in September 2003. In February 2004, the battle reached the supreme court, which took more than a year to issue a decision. The supreme court finally issued its ruling on 14 March 2005, quashing the MIC’s ban on the newspapers and forcing it to reconsider the ANZ’s request for a licence within 60 days. Although this deadline expired on 15 May, the MIC waited until 16 June to consider the ANZ’s request. After two days of deliberations, on 16 and 17 June, MIC chairman Tafataona Mahoso refused to make any statement aside from saying the newspapers would be notified when a decision had been made. He did not explain what that meant. The MIC finally announced its refusal to give the ANZ a licence on 18 July, as a result of which the ANC immediately challenged the decision before the Harare high court.The MIC’s decision was subsequently criticised by a member of the MIC board after he had resigned. The former board member said the chairperson was pressured into refusing the licence by Zimbabwe’s Central Intelligence Organisation (CIO). Zimbabwean journalist Hopewell Chin’ono denied bail Help by sharing this information Reporters Without Borders today called on the Zimbabwean authorities to recognise their inability to maintain a ban on The Daily News independent newspaper and its weekly supplement The Daily News on Sunday and to grant them a licence to resume publishing. RSF_en Reports Follow the news on Zimbabwe November 27, 2020 Find out more News to go further November 12, 2020 Find out more Organisation News Zimbabwean court must free imprisoned journalist who is unwell September 1, 2020 Find out more
The city is supporting an effort to repeal an article in the state constitution dating back to the days of segregation that prohibits cities and counties from building or buying certain low-income housing projects without voter approval.According to Article 34 of the state constitution, “No low-rent housing project shall hereafter be developed, constructed, or acquired in any manner by any state public body until, a majority of the qualified electors of the city, town or county, as the case may be, in which it is proposed to develop, construct, or acquire the same, voting upon such issue, approve such project by voting in favor thereof at an election to be held for that purpose, or at any general or special election,” the article reads.The City Council’s Legislative Policy Committee was scheduled to receive information on Senate Constitutional Amendment (SCA) 2, which would repeal Article 34, on Tuesday.The committee will also receive a review on other housing bills. The city is supporting several bills that aim to expand eviction moratoriums.Article 34 was written in 1950 as African-American populations began increasing in predominantly white communities.“Article 34 is a scar on the California Constitution. It’s designed to keep people of color and poor people out of certain neighborhoods. And it needs to be repealed,” said Democratic state Sen. Wiener of San Francisco, chair of the Senate Housing Committee, in a prepared statement.“Publicly owned affordable housing for low-income people is critical to reducing homelessness and ensuring that housing is available to people of all income levels. This important source of housing shouldn’t be singled out for voter approval when other types of housing aren’t.” Wiener said.Article 34 has been softened by other laws that require approval for broad plans to build publicly funded housing. Those laws prevent cities from being forced to hold special elections for every project.Typically, Article 34 could be avoided by limiting public assistance to 49% of the units in a given project.According to “Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice,” published by the city’s Housing Department in 2013, the city has typically complied with Article 34 on a project-by-project basis by utilizing one or more of the article’s exemptions.“We have 900 affordable units in the pipeline,” said Pasadena Housing Director Bill Huang. “The reason why they can move forward is they use multiple sources of finances. If less than 50% of the units are funded by the city then the project is exempt.”Huang said Article 34 has never prevented a project from being built during his time in Pasadena.However, developers are still forced to spend money on legal costs and planning to avoid Article 34 as they wend their way through the planning process.Developments using only low-income housing tax credits, whether state or federal, are not governed by Article 34.“It’s something from an anti-low-income, racist perspective,” Huang said. “It doesn’t even do what it was intended to do. It’s toothless, and it’s long past time to get rid of it.” Top of the News faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPasadena Water and PowerPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Subscribe Government City Backs Repeal of Racist Housing Law Council’s Legislative Policy Committee to review move to amend California Constitution By ANDRÉ COLEMAN, Managing Editor Published on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 | 1:18 pm Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website STAFF REPORT Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy More Cool Stuff Make a comment Community News Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * CITY NEWS SERVICE/STAFF REPORT Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday 19 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it STAFF REPORT First Heatwave Expected Next Week Community News Business News Herbeauty7 Things You Should Never Share With Other PeopleHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyPretty Or Not: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About BeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyWhat Is It That Actually Makes French Women So Admirable?HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty5 Things To Avoid If You Want To Have Whiter TeethHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty6 Lies You Should Stop Telling Yourself Right NowHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyTop 9 Predicted Haircut Trends Of 2020HerbeautyHerbeauty EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena
Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Google+ Previous articleFormer Irish soldier to be tried on Fermanagh gun chargesNext articleLoganair awarded Donegal – Dublin air contract News Highland There’s been another suspicious fire in Inishowen, this one in the Hilltown area of Buncrana.Shortly before half past three, a car was set alight outside an elderly woman’s home, two sheds containing farm machinery and a load of turf were also burned.Chief Fire Officer Bobby Mc Menamin says it’s worrying that such incidents are continuing, and says if they continue, there could be a tragedy.He’s been outlining what happened this morning………[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/bobby1pm.mp3[/podcast] Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson Facebook Facebook Another suspicious fire in Inishowen Pinterest Twitter Twitter WhatsApp By News Highland – August 24, 2011 Newsx Adverts Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Google+ Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published WhatsApp LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation(MEMPHIS, Tenn.) — A 10-month-old girl was found safe Saturday morning after she was left in a car believed to have been stolen in Memphis Friday night, authorities said Saturday morning.A statewide Amber Alert had been issued for Zoe Jordan after she was left in a running and unattended Honda Civic Friday, the Memphis Police Department said. Police said a suspect fled with her inside.Zoe has since been found safe in that car in Memphis after a citizen spotted the Honda Civic and called in a tip, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Saturday.Memphis Police tweeted a photo of Zoe safe in the arms of an officer.“This is why the AMBER Alert program is so successful in Tennessee,” the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation wrote on Twitter. “People like you: who follow, who care, who pay attention, who share, and who do the right thing when it matters most. Thank you!”Memphis police say the suspect is described as a man in his early 20’s who was wearing dark jeans and a red hoodie with a Nike swoosh on the front.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
DNY59/iStock(GORDON, Wis.) — Relatives of 13-year-old Jayme Closs spoke movingly at Friday’s sentencing hearing for Jake Patterson, the Wisconsin man who pleaded guilty to abducting Closs, killing her parents and then holding her captive until she escaped.The 21-year-old pleaded guilty in March to two counts of first-degree intentional homicide for shooting and killing Closs’ parents on Oct. 15, 2018, and one count of kidnapping for taking the couple’s only child from her home in rural Barron, Wisconsin.He faces up to life in prison.Closs’ relatives, including aunt Sue Allard and cousin Lindsey Smith, spoke in court Friday, urging the judge to sentence Patterson to the maximum for each count.“My sister and brother-in-law were such loving and giving and beautiful people,” Allard said at Friday’s sentencing. “It was senseless.”“Oct. 14 was a typical family event with nothing but happiness,” said Smith. “We spent the next 88 days living in fear, pain and not knowing what happened to our family.”“On the 88th day we were finally told that Jayme would be coming home,” Smith said. “We were so glad that Jayme was home… but you took so much from Jayme. You took her parents, her home, her childhood and all of her happiness.”“You took so much from all of us. You took my aunt and uncle from me,” Smith said. “The last moments of my aunt’s life were the worst and scariest moments of her life. No one should leave this earth in such a horrible way.”Patterson held Closs captive in his home in Gordon, Wisconsin, for 88 days, until she escaped on Jan. 10, according to court documents.Patterson confessed to investigators that he targeted Closs after seeing her board a school bus, according to a criminal complaint.After Patterson fled with the girl to his home, he created a space for Closs under his bed. When he would leave the house, he would put barbells and free weights around the bed so she couldn’t escape, according to the complaint.Closs, who did not speak at Friday’s sentencing hearing, was honored at the Wisconsin State Assembly last week.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Training college set up after post-Hutton reviewOn 29 Jun 2004 in Personnel Today The BBC is to set up a journalist training college, following an internalreview of the corporation’s editorial operations and guidelines. The Neil Report, commissioned after the Hutton Inquiry into the death ofDavid Kelly, said staff should be trained to “deliver the BBC’s corevalues at every level of their career”. The college will cater for 7,000 journalists at the BBC. Journalists will also be subject to wide-ranging checks, includingrestrictions on breaking stories during live interviews and a duty to ensureserious allegations are put to the parties concerned in good time before theyare broadcast. The report defines the BBC’s five core values as: truth and accuracy;serving the public interest; impartiality and diversity of opinion;independence; and accountability. Previous Article Next Article Comments are closed. Related posts:No related photos.
The joint venture has also renewed the Otakikpo Marginal Field license for a period of 20 years Image: Photo courtesy of skeeze from Pixabay. Nigeria-based oil and gas exploration company Lekoil and its partner Green Energy International have approved the second phase development of the Otakikpo oilfield project in the Niger Delta, Nigeria.The joint venture is presently finalising heads of terms with “Anchor” engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning vendors for cost and schedule certainty to let Standard Chartered Bank close project financing and complete preparation for project execution following the project approval.The Standard Chartered Bank is expected to serve as the lead financial advisor for the project and provide the required financial advisory, security, and banking services.Additionally, the joint venture has renewed the Otakikpo Marginal Field license for a period of 20 years following the payment of $1m to the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) for the license Renewal fee of $400,000 net to LEKOIL.The consortium of GEIL, LEKOIL and Schlumberger will structure a multidisciplinary project management team in which Schlumberger will act solely as a technical partner to provide oilfield services and project management services to assist in ramping up production and long-term field management.The development project scope includes the construction of a terminal for evacuation.US-based oilfield services company Schlumberger has evaluated the capacity of the infrastructure to be capable of producing 10,000 bopd (4,000 bopd net to LEKOIL Nigeria) and, with some debottlenecking, up to 12,000 bopd gross (4,800 bopd net to LEKOIL Nigeria).The joint venture expects the first two wells of the phased development plan to bring production up to this level.Lekoil JV had signed MoU for development of Otakikpo in OML 11 in JulyIn July, Lekoil, through its Otakikpo Joint Venture (JV) with Green Energy International (GEIL), had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Schlumberger and subsidiary of a major international oil company.The MOU covers a comprehensive infrastructure sharing and drilling programme around a group of marginal field assets in OML 11.