NTL In The Media

first_imgPlease click on the following links to view their stories:http://www.nbntv.com.au/index.php/2010/05/25/home-of-touch-footy-does-it-again/ http://www.portnews.com.au/news/local/news/general/swiped-port-grabs-another-top-event/1839775.aspx http://www.hastings.nsw.gov.au/www/html/5075-25-may-2010-council-scores-another-major-event.asplast_img

Memphis Set To Honor Former Basketball Coach John Calipari In Late December

first_imgJohn Calipari hanging out with Derrick Rose.Twitter/@basketballtalkThis one might get a little bit awkward. This afternoon, University of Memphis president Dr. M. David Russ announced that the school will be honoring former head basketball coach John Calipari this December. Will be honoring Hall of Fame coach @UKCoachCalipari in Memphis, Dec 28-29. Stay tuned for details. Will be a great homecoming.— Dr. M. David Rudd (@UofMemphisPres) September 9, 2015From 2001-2009, Calipari was extremely successful with the Tigers. The program went 252-69 under Calipari, reaching the Elite Eight three times and losing in the national championship in 2007-08. Of course, that season, in which the Tigers went 38-1, was vacated after the NCAA invalidated star guard Derrick Rose’s SAT score. By the time the NCAA made its ruling, Calipari had already taken the job at Kentucky.Calipari has a major hand in turning Memphis into a nationally relevant program, but his departure has definitely rubbed many Tigers fans the wrong way. We’re very interested to see what type of reaction the fan base has in December.last_img read more

Taylor Decker Tweets At Jaylon Smith, Says He’d Never Try To Injure Another Player

first_imgDetroit Lions offensive lineman Taylor DeckerBALTIMORE, MD – DECEMBER 3: Offensive tackle Taylor Decker #68 of the Detroit Lions looks on from the bench against the Baltimore Ravens in the fourth quarter at M&T Bank Stadium on December 3, 2017 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)Jaylon Smith, Notre Dame’s star junior linebacker, suffered what looked like a devastating leg injury during today’s Fiesta Bowl loss to Ohio State. Smith injured himself trying to regain his balance after taking a shove from Ohio State offensive lineman Taylor Decker near the end of the play. Some thought Decker committed a cheap shot, considering Smith wasn’t near the ball and the play was basically over. However, the veteran lineman took to Twitter a little while ago to clarify what happened. Decker tweeted at Smith, saying he’d never try to injure another player and didn’t intend to put him at risk. @JaeeSmiff9ENT pic.twitter.com/iNsILFwZjB— Taylor Decker (@TDeck68) January 2, 2016This is a very classy move on Decker’s part. The play didn’t look malicious, even if the two players were engaged away from the ball.last_img read more

Hudsons Bay Co says Saks stores affected by data breach

first_imgTORONTO – Hudson’s Bay Co. is the latest Canadian company to be hit with a data breach, saying that customer payment card information may have been stolen from shoppers at certain Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Off Fifth and Lord & Taylor stores in North America.A spokesperson for retailer would not comment on whether any specific Canadian locations were affected, but did say there is no indication the breach affects any of HBC’s other digital platforms, Hudson’s Bay stores or Home Outfitters locations.HBC released little information on the breach itself on Sunday, but a New York-based cybersecurity firm said it had analyzed the available data and found that information from five-million credit cards had been compromised.Gemini Advisory LLC said in a report that the information was stolen from 83 Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks Off Fifth stores, and from all Lord & Taylor locations.The firm found that three Canadian Saks locations were exposed to the breach: Sherway Gardens in Toronto, Bramalea City Centre in Brampton, Ont. and Pickering Town Centre in Pickering, Ont.Dmitry Chorine, the co-founder of Gemini Advisory, said his firm works to improve response to data breaches by analyzing stolen data that appears on the so-called dark web.Chorine said the firm started looking into the breach when they noticed an influx of stolen credit and debit card information being offered for sale on the dark web last week.Upon analyzing the data, Chorine said they were able to determine that shoppers at all Lord & Taylor and at certain Saks Fifth Avenue locations were at risk of having their information stolen.“On March 28, we saw a significant spike of stolen credit cards offered for sale on one of the marketplaces,” said Chorine.“When we checked, we saw there was an advertisement stating that more than five-million credit and debit cards will be offered for sale, and that’s when we decided to research this particular breach.”The data that Chorine and his team found was being offered on a dark web marketplace operated by a hacking group called JokerStash, which Chorine says has been active in hacking retail and hospitality companies for the past three years.Gemini Advisory said Sunday that it had found data that had been stolen from as early as March 2017, and as late as March 2018.He said that only certain Saks Fifth Avenue locations were affected because the outlet was in the process of switching from card-swipe technology to EMV chip technology, which is already commonly used in Canada.Stores that had already implemented chip machines would likely not be exposed to the data breach, Chorine said.Chorine urged any consumers who had shopped at Saks Fifth Avenue or Lord & Taylor stores in the past year to take preventative measures against fraud.“They should probably call their banks and replace their cards,” said Chorine. “That would probably be the best preventative action they could take, instead of just waiting.”For now, HBC is asking clients to review their account statements for activity or transactions they don’t recognize.The company said it’s investigating and taking steps to contain the attack, and clients will not be responsible for any fraudulent charges as a result of the breach.It said it will offer free identity protection services to those affected once they learn more about the breach.last_img read more

Ousted president in good health Morsi son

first_imgCAIRO (AA) – The son of ousted Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi on Wednesday denied reports that his jailed father had collapsed in prison.“The president remains steadfast,” Osama Morsi told Anadolu Agency, adding “He remains in good physical and psychological condition.”Osama slammed the “false news” circulating about his father’s health by what he described as “hostile media.” Morsi was flown to Alexandria’s Borg al-Arab Prison Hospital on Monday after appearing in court with seven other defendants to answer charges that he had incited the murder of demonstrators last year.Osama described his father’s admission to the prison hospital as a “routine measure.”Monday’s court session was Morsi’s first public appearance since his ouster more than four months ago. Since then, he has been held at an undisclosed location by Egypt’s military-backed authorities.Trial proceedings were postponed by almost two months – they are now slated to recommence on January 8 – after defense lawyers requested more time to examine documentation related to the case.Morsi, for his part, has refused to recognize the trial’s legitimacy and has refused formal legal representation.The ousted leader told the presiding judge that he still represented “Egypt’s legitimate president.”Morsi, Egypt’s first freely-elected civilian leader, was ousted by the country’s military establishment on July 3 following protests against his presidency.last_img read more

INWI sets up charter on personal data protection

first_imgRabat – The National Control Commission for the protection of personal data (CNDP) has given its okay to Inwi, for its own account and that of its subsidiaries to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of personal data of its customers and service users.To ensure the confidence of its clients, Inwi has set up a charter for the protection of personal data and respect for privacy that will soon be put online and could be checked on the website www.inwi.ma, said a statement from the operator.Inwi led, since the entry into force of the Law No. 09-08 relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, a large-scale project to upgrade its standards and procedures to comply with the provisions of this law and ensure greater protection, confidentiality and security in the processing of personal data.last_img read more

Ohio State defense ready for fresh challenge against Virginia Tech

Sophomore defensive lineman Joey Bosa (97) leads a group of OSU players in tackling Navy quarterback Keenan Reynolds (19) during a game against the Midshipmen Aug. 30 at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. OSU won, 34-17.Credit: Mark Batke / Photo editorJust days after playing Navy, the Ohio State defense is preparing to play a completely different style of football as it gears up for its first home game against Virginia Tech.The Buckeyes, which faced the unusual triple-option offense of Navy last week, are now preparing for a more traditional attack run by the Hokies. Coach Urban Meyer said Wednesday that he and his coaches know making the switch from preparing for Navy to getting ready for Virginia Tech will not, and has not, been easy. “In our defense — coaches are actually saying that its hard enough to play Navy, and then all of sudden the week after, you wish had an easier team than this,” Meyer said. One of those coaches, defensive line coach Larry Johnson, who is in his first year at OSU, said it’s nice to put Navy in the rearview mirror.“It feels good to get that behind us,” Johnson said Monday. “Now (we) can go fast forward (against) a team that runs some things that we can adjust to and play a little faster.”Sophomore safety Vonn Bell said the defense has to be prepared for everything the Hokies will throw at them.   “It’s a lot of tricky stuff, a lot of tricky formations. We just have to stay disciplined, reading our keys and we are going to have success,” Bell said. “You never know what to expect. You just have to be alert.”Meyer said Monday that he is particularly excited for his defensive line players, as they had to face relentless cut blocks from the Navy offensive line, something that has become uncommon in today’s college football landscape.“I just think of our D-linemen. (Sophomore) Joey Bosa didn’t come to Ohio State to squeeze down blocks and keep people off his ankles,” Meyer said. “That’s what he had to do last week. He came to rush a quarterback and penetrate. So there’s big smiles across our defensive line right now to let them go play.”Redshirt-freshman linebacker Darron Lee added to Meyer’s comments and said his teammates are happy to be taking on a traditional offense.“I am sure the D-line is happy they get to pass rush now as opposed to taking on double teams all the time,” Lee said Monday. “Our coaches are forcing us back into our basic defenses. We will be fine, it is just switching modes. It’s a bit of relief, just playing our normal game.”Bosa agreed with Meyer and Lee on Wednesday and said that the defensive line has been waiting to show what it can do. “It was not a fun game last week,” Bosa said. “(I’m) still feeling sore from it. This week we will get to rush the passer a little bit, which we obviously love to do.”Bosa also said that because of the switch to Virginia Tech, the defensive line has to get used to doing things the way they were done before playing Navy. “We did nothing we have ever done before last week and now we are getting back to what were our basics and everything we usually run and it almost seems foreign after doing it for so long,” he said.The game against Virginia Tech is expected to take place in front of a record crowd Saturday, as the university added 2,600 seats to Ohio Stadium during the offseason. Bosa said he is ecstatic to be playing in front of the home fans once again.“Nothing is like playing in front of 110,000 people,” Bosa said. “I am just excited to get back in there.”While OSU athletics isn’t quite expecting 110,000 — they’re anticipating about 108,000 fans, which includes non-ticketed attendees, according to a university release — Meyer added to Bosa’s excitement. “I call it ‘night games Buckeye style,’” Meyer said. “That stadium is awesome. We have had some great games there in the last two years at night.”Meyer also said he believes Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James might be in attendance on the sidelines for the game. The Buckeyes and Hokies are scheduled to kickoff at 8 p.m. on Saturday. read more

Mandragora banned for blasphemy

first_imgUdinese midfielder Rolando Mandragora has received a one-match ban for “blasphemous expressions”.The Lega Serie A has today confirmed it had reviewed the conduct of Rolando Mandragora, camera footages, and has found the player guilty of using ‘blasphemous expressions’ in the second half of Udinese’s match against Sampdoria.The Italian football body concluded that while Mandragora was “cursing without addressing any of those present” he was also “clearly caught on camera using blasphemous expressions, identifiable beyond a reasonable doubt by lip reading”.Mandragora was therefore given a one-match ban. Football Italia reports.Sassuolo’s Marlon Santos Da Silva was also banned for one match for his red card at the weekend.Rick Karsdorp, Roma, Serie AKarsdorp reveals he had too much stress at Roma Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 The Dutch defender has been with the Gialorrossi since 2017, but he has not enjoyed his time in the Italian Lega Serie A.Napoli were given a fine of €12,000 after their fans launched a firecracker at Milan fans, and also onto the pitch.AC Milan fans were caught singing anti-Neapolitan songs, and the club was fined €10,000.Parma got a €2,000 fine after their fans ignited a smoke bomb in their own sector.last_img read more

JAMAICA CSJP provides Substance Misuse Treatment for youngsters

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Jamaica, November 3, 2017 – Kingston – The Citizen Security and Justice Programme (CSJP) III has successfully implemented the first phase of a Specialized Substance Misuse Treatment programme aimed at providing youngsters with the necessary support to ensure that they can benefit from the entity’s range of educational and employment opportunities.The programme is being undertaken through a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the National Council on Drug Abuse (NCDA).   It was formed out of a realisation that drug use, particularly abuse of marijuana, has prevented a number of CSJP recipients from accessing vocational skills training and employment offerings, the latter of which includes internships and on-the-job training and placement.Addressing a JIS Think Tank on Tuesday (October 31), Communications/Social Media Coordinator, CSJP, Patrice Nephew, said the initiative is part of an improvement in the psychosocial services provided by the agency.   She noted that while the CSJP seeks to provide youngsters with opportunities, it is acknowledged that until certain issues of substance misuse are treated, their likelihood to gain and maintain viable employment will be very limited.“This is a preliminary exercise before they go into some of the training sessions, because we have realised that, in the past, the compliance rate with some of the training programmes has been low because of substance abuse issues. So it is a more deliberate attempt to get them in a state of readiness,” Ms. Nephew said.More than 150 individuals were referred to the NCDA for treatment following risk assessment through the CSJP’s Case Management programme and having been flagged for substance abuse.   The NCDA conducted 541 individual sessions and 80 group sessions over a 12-month period starting July 2016.   Additional workshops were done in communities and schools to sensitive children and students about marijuana use and to train community volunteers to identify persons in need of treatment.Sixty-one per cent of the participants were compliant with the sessions and 10.1 per cent tested negative after completion of the treatment programme.   NCDA Substance Abuse Officer, Western Region, Suzanne Brown, explained that even though some of the clients may not be negative at the end of the programme, they would have made significant progress.“What you will find is that a lot of the times, some are chain-smokers, and throughout the programme, you will notice significant reduction in usage,” she told JIS News.“Persons probably started with back-to-back smoking, and as the session progressed… you will notice that while they have not totally stopped using, they have been able to reduce the number of (marijuana cigarettes) per day,” she added.Substance Abuse Officer with NCDA, Kingston and St. Andrew, Denise Chin, hailed the programme as being a strong and important initiative.“It offered a very structured way for participants to receive help and access to treatment facilities and options that they wouldn’t otherwise reach,” she said.Mrs. Chin said the resource personnel and psychological services offered by the CSJP are critical.Release: JIS Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:last_img read more