Boy found child porn material on laptop

first_imgNewsLocal NewsBoy found child porn material on laptopBy admin – May 25, 2012 1454 A13-year-old boy found child rape movies on his laptop after he loaned it to a 45-year-old UK national in 2010, to use while his own was broken.  The revelation unfolded as Limerick Circuit Court heard evidence from Det Garda, Christine Bergin in the case against Simeon Betts, a man charged with the possession of 50 child pornographic movies and nine images on three laptops that were seized from his possession in 2010.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The material found was said to have been at the “utmost end of the scale” and of the “horrendous” exploitation of children where some as young as four years of age were raped by adults and animals.Betts, with an address at Henry Street, Limerick, pleaded guilty to the possession of the images and movie files, having first denied the allegation in a lengthy interview conducted by gardai at a house in Hollymount, Raheen in March 2010. Det Gda Bergin and other members of the force raided the home of the accused under search warrant after receiving certain information from Interpol and the UK based Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP). Analysis of the material found on the computers was carried out by specialist agencies where Det Garda Bergin enlisted the help of up to six different investigation units including Interpol and CEOP. Betts was charged in July 2010 and made admissions at the time of charge.At his sentencing hearing on the final day of term of Limerick Circuit Court, Simeon Betts said nothing as he sat in the dock as evidence and detailed descriptions of the search terms, files and images were given to the court. Acting on the information received by Interpol, the gardai obtained a search warrant and went to the home of the accused on March 4, 2010. Betts’ place of work, his cars, a campervan and another address in county Limerick that he had access to, were searched and a number of items were seized for analysis. The material found was linked to three laptops seized – one in the kitchen, one in the bedroom and one in the garage attached to the home. Betts admitted, in interview, to knowingly having the material in his possession,All three had been used to view and access the content which was described in court and one computer was actively used to search the internet for child pornography where Betts would masturbate to movies and images “as a means to satisfy his desire” according to Defence Counsel, Mark Nicholas who added in mitigation that this must have been a “horrible situation to be in but he {Betts} made admissions and takes full responsibility for his actions. He’s in deep distress and wants to engage help”.Betts, the court heard was later arrested in July 2010 and during the course of four interviews held, he made full admissions as to his interest in such material. During one such interview, the accused man admitted to being sexually aroused while viewing the material online. He also admitted to borrowing a laptop from a 13-year-old boy and used it to search for child pornography. The laptop had been returned to the boy some time later and the child pornographic material with movies of children as young as four years of age being raped, was returned to the boy. The files had not been deleted. The court heard from Det Gda Bergin that the teenager informed both gardai and his mother as to the content of the material found. Since the charges were brought against the accused, Betts is now unemployed but had previously worked in a card and birthdays shop, a gift store in the city centre as well as the Early Learning Centre. The father of four, who admitted to having “felt bad knowing that a child suffered while he watched the movies, is now said to have very restricted access to his children and had tried to “suppress” his desires to seek out the material.Betts, with previous convictions for minor road traffic offences and who is on bail with a daily sign on requirement, faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison. Judge Carroll Moran was handed a report conducted by clinical psychologist Dr Patrick Ryan who said that Betts had an insight into his problem but was “not out of the woods yet”. The Judge adjourned sentencing until June 8 stating that it was a “difficult case” that needs his full consideration in sentencing. Advertisement Twitter Email WhatsAppcenter_img Linkedin Print Previous articleLimerick Footballers can improveNext articleThe Bad Plus on original ground admin Facebooklast_img read more

Listen To Phish’s Debut Version Of “Prince Caspian” From This Day In 1995

first_imgSummer tours are always the breeding ground for new Phish material, as the band typically takes a few weeks (or months, in 2016) off to work on new songs. We recently spotlighted two Phish favorites, “Waste” and “Character Zero,” that were debuted in June of 1996, but this Phishtory feature goes back one year further to a little tune called “Prince Caspian.”While “Caspian” would eventually sail his way onto the late 1996 album release Billy Breathes, the Narnia namesake had some trouble finding his footing in the earliest days. The slower song was a better fit for arena rock than Phish’s complex improvisation, though the band was able to stretch the tune out in later renditions. The first-ever version sounds similar, yet somewhat different from its current form. The false-ending and longer jam sections weren’t added until ’96.Of course, “Prince Caspian” took on a new life in summer of 2015, during Phish’s Magnaball Festival. It’s interesting how a twenty-year old song can take on such energy while still remaining in regular rotation.The debut show itself is some classic 1995 Phish, opening with a rare gospel cover called “Don’t You Want To Go?” that hasn’t been performed since the year of 1995. There’s some “Ha Ha Ha,” some “Runaway Jim,” a great “Tweezer -> Lifeboy” in the second half, and many more Phish gems. Fortunately, you can listen to the whole 6/8/95 show below, thanks to fromtheaquarium.Setlist: Phish at The Delta Center, Salt Lake City, UT – 6/8/95Set 1: Don’t You Want To Go?, Ha Ha Ha > Runaway Jim > Guelah Papyrus, Mound, Fast Enough for You, Reba[1], Prince Caspian[2], Chalk Dust TortureSet 2: Simple > Rift > Free > Bouncing Around the Room > Tweezer -> Lifeboy > Poor Heart > JuliusEncore: Good Times Bad Times[1] No whistling.[2] Debut.Teases: Third Stone From the Sun tease in Runaway JimNotes: Runaway Jim contained Third Stone from the Sun teases. Reba did not have the whistling ending. This show marked the debut of Prince Caspian. This gig was originally scheduled for the outdoor Wolf Mountain Amphitheatre in Park City; due to a late spring snowstorm, the day before the show took place it was moved to the indoor Delta Center.Don’t miss Live For Live Music’s official Baker’s Dozen late night shows!last_img read more

Linfield honors late teammate with monument and jersey tradition

first_imgThe football team, playing in its first full season without Moore, has constant reminders of him. The No. 35, which hung inside Smith’s office this season, has been moved into the locker room. Little stickers honoring Moore have been slapped on helmets. The team takes Moore’s away jersey out to practice and plans to bring it to road games. Nearly everyone on the team, Smith said, has dog tags, which Faults and Chandler helped design.On the front is the Linfield logo with the slogan, “Play for Moore,” underneath it. Below that, the No. 35. On the back, it has John 11:25, the Bible verse Moore’s mother picked out.“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even if they die.”After Moore’s death, Linfield College had to decide whether it would take the field six days later against Chapman in the next round of the Division III playoffs.Two days after Moore died, Monday, motivational speaker Will Keim addressed the team before it decided to practice that day. Tuesday, students on campus held a candlelight vigil. Wednesday, the team ate dinner together, talking mostly of Moore. Thursday, Chandler, Faults and Smith spoke to nearly 2,000 mourners at Moore’s memorial service. Friday, the team rested.“We went out because that’s what Parker would’ve wanted,” Smith said. “He was a worker, a grinder. I think he would’ve been mortified if we’d stopped then.“But I honestly didn’t know how we’d come out and play.”Linfield scored touchdowns on its first four drives and never let Chapman into the game. The following two weeks, 10th-seeded Linfield beat two previously undefeated teams, Mary Hardin-Baylor and Widener. The Wildcats run ended in the national semi-finals, losing, 20-14, to eventual-national champion Wisconsin-Whitewater.Seven months later, speaking on the phone from his office, Smith talked about Linfield’s newest tradition. Moore’s jersey, the No. 35, will be worn by an junior or senior defensive player who best represents what Parker stood for as a player and as a person.“In football, you’re never just playing for yourself,” Chandler said, who was selected to don the number this season. “You’re not playing for the love of the game. You’re not playing to win. You’re playing for your brothers. We’re playing now for a brother that we love, and a brother that we lost. This is a lot more than just a game.”On Sept. 12, Linfield begins its season with Homecoming against Chapman—the same team Linfield played against in its first game without Moore.Saturday, 301 days after Moore’s death, a player in a Linfield College uniform will run onto the field with John 11:25 around his neck, wearing No. 35. Comments Published on September 10, 2015 at 9:49 pm Contact Sam: [email protected] | @Sam4TR ­A few minutes after 11 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014, 33-year-old Joventino Bermudez-Arenas entered a McMinnville, Oregon 7-Eleven and approached the man checking out. He took out a knife and stabbed 20-year-old Parker Moore twice in the chest.Medics airlifted Moore to a Portland hospital, where he later died. Moore and Arenas did not know each other, and police reportedly found no motive.The 7-Eleven sits across the street from the campus of Linfield College, where Moore played linebacker on the football team. Hours earlier, Moore helped shutout Linfield’s opponent 59-0 to win its conference championship.That night, Moore’s close friends and teammates, Kyle Chandler and Eli Faults drove an hour to Portland. The next morning, the team met in the locker room with grief counselors.“We’re not going to pretend this didn’t happen,” Linfield’s head coach Joseph Smith said. “We don’t want people dealing with it alone in their dorm rooms. I want (my players) to talk about it…(They’ll) never quite recover, but we want to honor (Parker) by being better men. I fully believe that if a bunch of young men living their lives that way then his death won’t be in vain.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textLinfield, a historically good Division III football school in McMinnville, Oregon, suddenly faced an adversity much greater than football, Smith said. It’s been ten months since the shock, since Moore’s death, since the improbable playoff run. The 2015 school year has brought pain. When a group of teammates couldn’t compromise on where to live, Chandler thought of what Moore would do to please everyone. For the first time in three years at Linfield, Chandler won’t room with Moore.“It’s always in the back of your mind,” Chandler said. “The week after it happened, we had a week of just these gorgeous sunsets. When I wasn’t in playing, I would kind of just look off, sitting there on the football field thinking about him. I still have those moments. But you learn to live with it. You have to.”The team’s focus was not moving on, but moving forward with his memory, Smith said.This season, before its second game, Linfield will unveil a monument near the stadium, bearing Moore’s picture and some lights. The day after, Linfield will host a memorial run/walk event of 3.5 miles—Moore wore number 35—which will end at Maxwell Field, Linfield’s home turf.Courtesy of Linfield Athleticscenter_img Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

‘KCCA FC players have the self-belief to eliminate Sundowns’

first_imgAction from the first leg that ended 2-1 in Pretoria. KCCA take on Sundowns today. PHOTO KCCA MEDIA2017 Total CAF Champions LeagueMarch 18th 2017: KCCA FC vs Mamelodi Sundowns 4pmFees: Ordinary-sh10,000/=, Regular-shs20,000/=, VIP-sh50,000/=Free entrance for students in School UniformMarch 18th 2017: Platinum Stars vs Vipers (Uganda) 8pmKampala Capital City Authority Football Club (KCCA FC) manager Mike Mutebi remains confident that his team have a chance to eliminate Mamelodi Sundowns from the 2017 Total CAF Champions League.The two sides face off this Saturday at Phillip Omondi stadium in the return leg of the first round with Mamelodi Sundowns carrying a 2-1 advantage from the first leg played seven days in Pretoria.Victory for the Uganda champions over the two legs will make them the country’s first club to qualify for the lucrative Group Stages of the African Champions League. It will guarantee the club a minimum of $550,000.“The mood in the camp is positive but most importantly, the players have the self-belief that they have what it takes to knock out Sundowns. I’m confident that we can get the result we want because our style of play guarantees us to create chances and we shall create them,” Mutebi said.Mutebi believes game approach will be important if at all his team stands any chance against the reigning African champions.“We are set, the team has no concerns at all, the preparations have been smooth and we are ready for the game,” he said in a pre- match press briefing on Friday morning. Like I have always said, the players must understand the game and the way we approach game situation will be important.” Mutebi reassured www.kccafc.co.ug ,  insisting that he will keep the same playing style like he has employed in the previous games.“We respect them (Sundowns) because they are defending champions but we shall play our way, keep possession, and create chances because we need to score.”KCCA FC captain Dennis Okot believes they are motivated as players and ready for the challenge.“We could have had a factor of timidness in the opening stages of the first leg and we regrouped and managed to put up a good show. Therefore this motivates us and gives us self-belief that we can march them.”Midfielder Tom Masiko returns to the team after shaking off an injury that saw him miss the flight to South Africa and he is available for selection.Sundowns won the first leg 2-1 at the Lucas Moripe stadium last week and winner on aggregate will advance to the group stages.SOURCE: www.kccafc.co.ugShare on: WhatsApplast_img read more