Will Omey threw 6 touchdown passes in one half of utter dominance, Talimaivao Fonoti caught one of them and returned a fumble for a touchdown on defense and No. 2 St. Bernard’s found no trouble getting through to the semifinal-round of the North Coast Section Division-VI playoffs, downing No. 7 Ygnacio Valley 58-18 Saturday afternoon at Crusader Field.Lane Thrap hauled in 3 touchdown receptions in the win, bringing his season total to 22.Thrap’s first touchdown, a 7-yard strike from Omey, …
Malaysia Airlines predicts it will be flying directly to 20 Chinese cities within five years after a rapid expansion which will add 11 new routes into China next year.The expansion will see the Malaysian carrier add 35 frequencies between the two countries as it services eight new destinations.Malaysia Airlines’ chief exdecutive Peter Bellew said the carrier planned to triple its Chinese business over the next five years.“I see potential for direct flights to 20 Chinese cities from Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching by 2019,’’ he said. “We have huge confidence in China.’’Malaysia will be flying from Kuala Lumpur to Haikou, Nanjing, Fuzhou, Wuhan, Chengdu and Chongqing. Plans are also underway to fly from Kota Kinabalu to Tianjin as well as from Penang to Shenzhen and Shanghai.The new routes are expected to be complemented by a second daily flight in April between Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai, subject to slot availability, and an upgrade to its morning Kuala Lumpur-Hong Kong sector from a Boeing 737 to the Airbus 330.Mr Bellew said the improved connectivity would foster deeper business links between the two nations.“In addition to this initial growth, we will promote tourism in Malaysia and China through seasonal or ad-hoc services to key leisure markets such as Langkawi, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu,” he said. “Six of our new Chinese cities have never been served directly by a Malaysian airline.’’The news was not so good for Singapore Airlines which has been forced to delay its Singapore-Jakarta-Sydney service due to maintenance at Jakarta’s Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.SIA had announced the launch of the three-times-weekly service on November 23 and had been issued the appropriate approval and been issued with landing and take-off slots.“However, SIA has been informed by the Indonesian civil aviation authorities that they are now unable to approve the flights due to runway maintenance works at Jakarta’s Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, which also affect other airlines,’’ the Singaporean carrier said this week.“SIA will progressively contact customers with bookings on this route and help put them on other flights. The Airline apologises for the inconvenience caused to our customers.’’
As Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi arrived here on Thursday to assess the situation, Pakistan violated ceasefire, leaving a woman dead near the Line of Control (LoC) and students protested again in parts of the Kashmir Valley. Mr. Mehrishi met Governor N.N. Vohra and Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti. Sources said the meetings focussed on the “fragile” situation. An official spokesman said Mr. Vohra and Mr. Mehrishi held “extensive discussions” on law and order. “They also discussed the security situation along the International Border (IB) and the LoC, more infiltration attempts and terrorism in the Valley,” he said. The meetings assume significance as unrest, growing militancy and the student agitation swept across Kashmir.A woman was killed and another civilian was injured near the LoC as Pakistani forces opened fire in Rajouri district in the Pir Panchal Valley on Wednesday. A police officer said the woman was identified as Akhtar Bibi. All schools close to the LoC in Rajouri district were closed on Thursday. Several schools were designated as makeshift camps for villagers to take shelter, an official said. Clashes continueDespite Mr. Vohra’s and Education Minister Altaf Bukhari’s appeals to students to return to classes, students on Thursday clashed at five colleges and schools in the Valley. Security forces used tear-gas shells to break them up.In Dooru, students staged a protest against the Army, which they said had assaulted several students after an incident of stone-throwing.Classes at S.P. Higher Secondary School and Women’s College, M.A. Road, remained suspended. The Deputy Commissioner, Srinagar, said they would be suspended on May 12, too, as a precautionary measure. The Deputy Commissioner, Budgam, also ordered suspension of classes in Government Degree College and Government Higher Secondary School, Magam, on May 12. The students started a protest on April 15 after the security forces entered the premises of Government Degree College, Pulwama. Over 50 students were injured in a clash there.
Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH The trio apologized that day and publicly thanked Trump, who was in Asia last week, for his help. On Thursday morning, the president sent another tweet: “You’re welcome. go out and give a big Thank You to President Xi Jinping of China who made your release possible.”In the same tweet, Trump said, “HAVE A GREAT LIFE! Be careful, there are many pitfalls on the long and winding road of life!”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutLater in the day, as he rallied House Republicans before a crucial vote on a tax overhaul, Trump talked about his efforts to release the playersRep. Steve Womack of Arkansas said Trump “personally engaged the Chinese president and it turned out the way it did,” with the players released. He said China is known for being “extremely punitive” with criminal suspects, adding: “This could have been a disaster for those families.” Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes PLAY LIST 01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss00:58Trump blames media, Democrats for impeachment during Kentucky rally01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Ex-France minister has to pay damages to Nadal Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments MOST READ Flanked by Cody Riley, left, and Jalen Hill, third from left, UCLA basketball player LiAngelo Ball reads his statement as head coach Steve Alford listens during a news conference at UCLA Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017, in Los Angeles. The three players were detained in Hangzhou following allegations of shoplifting last week before an NCAA college basketball game against Georgia Tech in Shanghai. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump urged three suspended UCLA basketball players on Thursday to thank China’s president for their freedom after they shoplifted in China.The president’s suggestion came a day after he tweeted: “Do you think the three UCLA basketball players will say thank you President Trump. They were headed for 10 years in jail.”ADVERTISEMENT Read Next LATEST STORIES Freshmen LiAngelo Ball, Jalen Hill and Cody Riley were detained in Hangzhou for questioning last week before the Bruins beat Georgia Tech in their season-opening game in Shanghai. The rest of the team returned home Saturday.Athletic director Dan Guerrero said the shoplifting occurred when the team had 90 minutes of free time on Nov. 6 in Hangzhou. He said the three took items from three stores.The players are suspended indefinitely, and coach Steve Alford says they will have to earn their way back onto the team.ADVERTISEMENT Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Kris Aquino ‘pretty chill about becoming irrelevant’ Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity.
Here is the latest edition of the ATA newsletter Touch-e-Talk July 2005. It’s full of great stories on the SGM, retirement of Bill Ker, the All Nations, a local association, two Volunteers of the Month and much more! Please click here to download the newsletter: TOUCH-e-TALK JULY 2005 EDITION All past editions can be found using the ‘Newsletter’ link on the left hand side of the homepage. If you would like to join the mailing list for the next edition simply email email@example.com
Please click on the following links to view their stories:http://www.nbntv.com.au/index.php/2010/05/25/home-of-touch-footy-does-it-again/ http://www.portnews.com.au/news/local/news/general/swiped-port-grabs-another-top-event/1839775.aspx http://www.hastings.nsw.gov.au/www/html/5075-25-may-2010-council-scores-another-major-event.asp
Arsenal boss Emery: We failed to take our chancesby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal boss Unai Emery admits poor finishing saw them lose to Tottenham in last night’s Carabao Cup quarterfinal defeat.Spurs won 2-0 through goals from Son Heung-min and Dele Alli.Emery said, “I think we worked like we wanted to, like we’d prepared for this match. We created chances in the first half to score, but today the efficiency was not good for us. We didn’t concede a lot of chances, but they have good players with quality who scored. We worked for 90 minutes and in our moments we didn’t take our chances. “They scored theirs. Only the first half, I think we were good on the pitch but then sometimes we needed a bit more of the ball to keep possession longer. But that’s not easy against them because they press really well. Our planned game, we worked on that. It was poor finishing.”Emery continued: “We had Micki with the one on one [chance early on] and they scored with their first one-on-one. but this is football. Today I am happy with our performance, but not happy with our result. But also I think we are doing our process. They are ahead of us in this process. We need to continue creating our identity, our strong ideas to be more consistent in the games. “But this is our way. Now we’ve finished in this competition and are thinking about Saturday because we have another three very important competitions, the first is the Premier League, then the Europa League and also the FA Cup. Today we finished this competition.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Twitter/@basketballtalkThis one might get a little bit awkward. This afternoon, University of Memphis president Dr. M. David Russ announced that the school will be honoring former head basketball coach John Calipari this December. Will be honoring Hall of Fame coach @UKCoachCalipari in Memphis, Dec 28-29. Stay tuned for details. Will be a great homecoming.— Dr. M. David Rudd (@UofMemphisPres) September 9, 2015From 2001-2009, Calipari was extremely successful with the Tigers. The program went 252-69 under Calipari, reaching the Elite Eight three times and losing in the national championship in 2007-08. Of course, that season, in which the Tigers went 38-1, was vacated after the NCAA invalidated star guard Derrick Rose’s SAT score. By the time the NCAA made its ruling, Calipari had already taken the job at Kentucky.Calipari has a major hand in turning Memphis into a nationally relevant program, but his departure has definitely rubbed many Tigers fans the wrong way. We’re very interested to see what type of reaction the fan base has in December.
Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh apologized on Twitter shortly after commenting on the motivation behind Colin Kaepernick’s national anthem protest.Earlier today, Jim Harbaugh said he “didn’t respect the motivation” behind San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s decision to sit down during the national anthem on Friday night.Kaepernick, who played for Harbaugh in San Fran from 2011-14, explained his decision on multiple occasions, saying it revolved around the treatment of black people and people of color in the U.S.“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game against Green Bay. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”Just minutes after his initial comments on Kaepernick went public –and caused some criticism on social media–Jim Harbaugh apologized on his favorite medium.I apologize for misspeaking my true sentiments. To clarify, I support Colin’s motivation. It’s his method of action that I take exception to— Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) August 29, 2016Looking at the responses to Harbaugh’s tweet, some have accepted his apology, others haven’t and some are wondering why he apologized in the first place. Seems like the man can’t help causing a stir even when he doesn’t intend to.
SARNIA, Ont. – A woman who accused her former gymnastics coach of sexual assault told his trial on Tuesday that the man controlled every aspect of her life when she was training with him as a teenager.The complainant, whose identity is protected by a publication ban, testified that Dave Brubaker would routinely kiss her on the lips to say hello and goodbye, starting when she was 12 years old.“I would say that at the time, Dave had full control over everything — what time I went to bed, what I ate, how I did my hair,” she said at the judge-alone trial taking place in Sarnia, Ont. “Whatever he said, went. I had full trust in him.”The woman, who is now in her 30s, said Brubaker would pick her up from school, and take her to his house where he occasionally would spoon her in bed and tickle her belly, before driving her to practice. She also alleged there were times when he touched her inappropriately during sports massages.She said she feared the coach would punish her in the gym if she denied his advances.Brubaker, 55, has pleaded not guilty to one count of sexual assault and one count of invitation to sexual touching related to the alleged incidents involving the teenaged gymnast between 2000 and 2007.He was initially charged with 10 sexual offences last December and was placed on administrative leave by Gymnastics Canada, where he had served as director of the women’s national team, but the number of charges were reduced Tuesday at the beginning of his trial.Court heard a few minutes of an interview Brubaker gave to police, which the trial judge will determine whether to include as evidence in the case. In it, Brubaker maintained that his relationship with the girls he coached was innocent.“It wasn’t a power trip,” he said in the clip. “I do admit that I liked the girls at that moment. It wasn’t in a sexual way.”Brubaker also told police he knew “something was coming” after another gymnastics coach was suspended weeks earlier over allegations of sexual misconduct. He said he understood that he’d never coach again.“I know that because it’s happening on Facebook with everybody saying ‘me too,” he said.The complainant in the case, who was the first witness to testify, alleged the spooning incidents involving Brubaker started when she was in high school and continued until she quit gymnastics at 19.“I remember feeling like bugs were crawling under my skin,” she said. “I was very uncomfortable. And sick to my stomach.”She said Brubaker would regularly massage her body to relieve her of soreness. Sometimes, she told the court, those massages made her uncomfortable, like when Brubaker would massage her upper thigh, under her underwear.Several times, he massaged around her pubic area, she said. On other instances, he would touch her buttocks while hugging her goodbye.When questioned by the defence, the woman acknowledged telling investigators that she didn’t think Brubaker’s hands went under her underwear on purpose. She also said it was not uncommon for gymnasts to receive massages.Brubaker’s defence lawyer, Patrick Ducharme, noted that the woman could not remember which hand his client used to touch her buttocks. He also noted that the officer who investigated Brubaker was related to the woman, and was the best man in her wedding.The woman told the court that she intentionally hurt herself and quit gymnastics when she was 19 because she could no longer handle the pressures of her relationship with Brubaker. She coached for a year after that, she said, but avoided contact with Brubaker when possible.Ducharme suggested that the woman hurt herself and quit gymnastics around the same time that she realized she wouldn’t make it to the Olympics.“That must have put a tremendous strain on you,” he said.Another former competitive gymnast who trained under Brubaker testified later Tuesday that her former coach suggested his trainees kiss him and his wife — also a gymnastics coach — on the cheek as a sign of respect.She noted, however, that for several years, the only gymnast she saw kissing Brubaker on the lips was the complainant.The second woman also said she saw Brubaker massaging the complainant in her underwear, before turning to her and saying “you’re next.”“I remember thinking, ‘I’m not comfortable being massaged in my underwear,’ so I went into my room and put on tights,” she said.The charges against Brubaker, who was Canada’s head gymnastics coach at the 2016 Rio Olympics, came at a watershed moment for gymnastics in Canada.Earlier that month, Gymnastics Canada suspended Edmonton-based coach Michel Arsenault over allegations he sexually abused at least three gymnasts in Quebec when they were minors in the 1980s and early ’90s. In January, a Mississauga, Ont.-based gymnastics coach was charged over allegations he sexually abused a 15-year-old girl over a four-year period.